Many women seem to have a "thing" for shoes, designer handbags, fancy scarves and high-end fashion jewelry. However, many women do not realize the powerful weaponry they have in their arsenal with these fashion accessories. Most women either buy pieces to go with a single outfit or to be a slave to a seasonal fashion trend. They rarely consider how the fashion accessory complements their appearance, whether it will go with other items in their wardrobe collection, how many uses they'll gain from the item and how many different ways they can wear the item.
My goal is to help you understand the important role your fashion accessories play in creating your "look" and how you can easily set yourself apart to emphasize your uniqueness. Yes, you heard me right – accessories are meant to play up on your individuality and uniqueness, which is, if we admit it or not, our true yearning as a woman. We want to be different and unique. Accessories can help you achieve this by bringing attention to your face, hiding those flaws you want to hide, or just making a statement about your individuality without your having to say a word.
Let's look at fashion accessories that you can easily play up on and create playful variances with:
A neckerchief scarf can be worn as a:
• Neck scarf with a collared shirt, V-neck, round neck T-shirt
• Bracelet by wrapping around multiple times and creating a cuff-type bracelet
• Tied around a plain handbag strap to add a splash of color and flair
A long rectangular or wider square scarf can be worn as a:
• Neck scarf loosely draped as a shawl, a wrap or with various types of knots
• Top in summer
• Skirt on the beach
A brooch can be worn as:
• On the front of your pair of favorite jeans or chinos
• At the bottom of a long or short strand of pearls as a pendant, or clipped off-center on a double-stranded set
• An addition to a scarf where it overlaps
• A decoration to an evening bag
• A cluster at the lapel or shoulder of a denim jacket
• At the bottom of a V-neck
A necklace can be worn as:
• Part of a number of layered necklaces with varied lengths
• A belt if a longer necklace.
• A bracelet with multiple wrappings around the wrist
• A basis of creating a new look with a brooch
Fashion accessories are such a powerful arsenal in creating your own unique style. Start looking at each accessory you have as to how to can create different variations. Also, when purchasing new accessories, concern yourself with how many different ways you'll be able to wear the accessory and whether the item or items will complement other wardrobe items you already own. Don't become a slave to the seasonal must-have's. Please also keep these five things in mind, when playing with your new look:
1 It's okay to mix silver and gold.
2. Focus on one key accessory, such as a necklace or handbag, and keep the other accessories light.
3. Stay within a certain color family when accessorizing.
4. Your handbag color and shoe color can be different colors.
5. Most importantly – keep it simple, chic and feminine.
Adorn your uniqueness – look fabulous with fashion accessories!
Copyright (c) 2007 MMC Lifestyles, LLC, dba MMC Style
Marion Chamberlain is founder of MMC Style http://www.mmcstyle.com an Internet store for European fashion accessories sourced from unique and highly-talented small design shops in Europe. The online store offers high-quality European fashion jewelry and leather handbags to those women who want to be unique. MMC Style http://www.mmcstyle.com European fashion accessories are truly unique and can't be found in department or chain stores.